This Policy sets out the basis on which your personally identifying data and information ("Data") we collect will be processed by Chainy. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our assumptions and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat your Data.
By using the Chainy website, you agree to allow Chainy to collect information about your use of the Chainy service inclusive of all your interactions with other members of the Chainy community ("Members"). We may share the Data we obtain in this way with the other Members with whom you interact.
We treat all Data we obtain with the utmost care and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act). Our principle obligations under the Act are set out below:
- Chainy takes all appropriate technical and organizational measures (industry-standard techniques and practices) against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Data or against its accidental loss, destruction or damage;
- we only collect Data from you that we consider necessary in order to make our website effective and useful to you and we do not keep Data for longer than is necessary;
- except as explained below, we do not share your Data with anyone unless we need to do so to comply with the law or protect our legal rights or if you permit us to do so;
- subject to what we say below, Chainy does not transmit your Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) except where it is automatically lawful to do so or if we have your express consent.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following Data about you which may include Data you give us when you create your new Member account or as part of any content or materials you upload (such as any biographical information) or within any correspondence you may have with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The Data you give us may include but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal descriptions, photograph and the names of your employer, previous employers, colleagues and contacts.
Data is collected automatically by us or on our behalf with respect to each of your visits to the Chainy website and this Data may be incorporated in technical information, including but not limited to the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), other Members’ content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
You consent to permit us to collect certain kinds of information from your device using cookies for this purpose.
Uses made of your data
We use Data provided by you or Data about you:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that enable you to interact with other Members;
- to provide you with information about any new features or services we might offer you on our website or to solicit your feedback;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to let you know about messages or other connections made by other Members with you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Chainy website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness and relevance of advertising we display on our website.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your Data with Chainy employees on a “need to know” basis and if we form part of a group of companies with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, with members of such group.
We may share your Data with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and present relevant advertising on our website. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our Members. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may also disclose your Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially most of the assets of Chainy are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held about its Members will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal or contractual obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Chainy or its suppliers, Members, contributors or other members of the public at large.
Some partners, suppliers, contractors and affiliates of Chainy may be outside the EEA and you consent to the transfer of your Data to them when it is necessary for the delivery of the Chainy service to you.
Where we store your personal data
All Data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes (other than as we set out above). We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if we intend to use your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting Chainy at email@example.com or by logging on to the Chainy website to review and edit your own Data.
You may refuse to submit any particular items of Data but please be aware that this may prevent you from opening a Member account or participating in certain interactive activities.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chainy is registered as a company in England and Wales under registration number 08834650 with its registered office is at Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, Surrey KT11 1PP.
Thank you for being a Member of the Chainy community.
Chainy LTD. Version 1.4, 24 June 2014.
© 2014 Chainy LTD